When you think of tattoos, the first thing that comes to mind is usually a picture of someone with a large piece of artwork covering their arm or chest. However, tattoos have become increasingly mainstream, and fingers and hands have become a popular placement for people to express themselves and their tattoo artist’s work. However, hand and finger tattoos have also developed a reputation of being known as job stoppers. So, what is the truth behind this? Let’s take a closer look.
These are the most common negative perceptions about hand and finger tattoos
- They can be seen as unprofessional – In many workplaces, there is still a stigma surrounding tattoos. They can be seen as unprofessional, or even rebellious.
- They can be seen as a distraction – In some cases, people may perceive hand and finger tattoos as a distraction. This is because they can be very eye-catching, and some people may find them disruptive.
- They are difficult to cover up – If you have a hand or finger tattoo, it can be difficult to cover it up with clothing or jewelry. This can be an issue if you need to dress professionally for work, or if you are attending a formal event.
- They can limit your job options – While there are many employers who are tolerant of tattoos, there are still some that view them negatively. This can limit your job options, especially if you’re looking for a position in a more traditional industry.
- People may judge you for having them – Unfortunately, there are still people who judge others for their appearance. This can be an issue if you have a hand or finger tattoo, as people may make assumptions about you based on your tattoo.
Despite these negative perceptions, there are also many positive aspects to having a hand or finger tattoo.
Let’s take a look at some of the positive reasons why people might choose this type of tattoo.
- They can be very unique and personal – One of the great things about hand and finger tattoos is that they can be very unique and personal. This is because they are often small and delicate, which means that you can choose a design that is significant to you.
- They can be a great conversation starter – If you have a hand or finger tattoo, it can be a great way to start a conversation with someone. This is because people are often curious about them, and they can be a great icebreaker.
- They can show your personality – A tattoo on your hand or finger can be a great way to show your personality. This is because they are visible, and people will often ask you about them.
- They can be a work of art – Many people choose hand and finger tattoos because they are simply beautiful works of art. If you have a talented tattoo artist, they can create a stunning design that you will be proud to show off.
As you can see, there are both positive and negative aspects to having a hand or finger tattoo. Ultimately, the decision is up to you. If you feel comfortable with the risks, then go ahead and get inked! But if you’re not sure, then it might be best to wait until you’re sure.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hand and Finger Tattoos
Do hand and finger tattoos hurt?
This is a common question that people have about hand and finger tattoos. The answer is yes, they can hurt. This is because the skin on your hands and fingers is very thin, and the bones are close to the surface. However, everyone has a different pain tolerance, so you will need to decide if you’re willing to endure the pain for the sake of your tattoo. Always talk with your tattoo artist and ask him/her all that you need to make feel safe.
How long do hand and finger tattoos take to heal?
Hand and finger tattoos usually take between two and four weeks to heal. However, this can vary depending on the size and complexity of the tattoo, as well as your own personal healing process.
Are hand and finger tattoos more difficult to care for?
Yes, hand and finger tattoos can be more difficult to care for than other types of tattoos. This is because they are often in hard-to-reach places, and they can be easily damaged by things like water and soap. However, if you’re willing to put in the extra effort, then you will be able to keep your tattoo looking great.
How long do hand and finger tattoos last?
Hand and finger tattoos usually last for several years. However, this can vary depending on the quality of the tattoo, as well as how well you take care of it.
If you are considering getting a hand or finger tattoo, it is important to weigh the pros and cons before making your decision. Ultimately, the decision is yours and you should do what makes you happy.
Have you ever thought about getting a hand or finger tattoo?
Now that you know Everything You Wanted to Know About Hand and Finger Tattoos the next step is to get some ink in your hands! If you are in Miami or plan to visit look no further than Inkaholik Tattoos and Piercing, with 3 locations and over 17,000 Google reviews you can’t go wrong!